Berkey Water Filters Are Not Available in California and Iowa!
Domestic Shipping is Included.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand